Body Beast: Build Legs Review
We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
Day 2 of the Lean schedule has you tackle a very hard Leg workout called Build Legs. Now many of us are not fans of doing legs but you MUST do them and these Beast leg workouts are HARD. Wrapped your mind around this fact and go get it!
This 40 minute workout hits your quads and hamstrings first then finish with calf workouts. There are basic moves and some unique ones as well. I found the Alternating Lunge to Step up/reverse lung sequence the hardest of the 40 minutes and took a break here and there to catch my breadth. Dial in the weights and you will find this to be a tough workout.
Single Set (weight/reps) with a Drop Set
- Sumo Squat: 35/15, 45/12, 70/8, 60/8
- Alternating Lunge: 15/15, 20/12, 30/8
- Step-Up to Reverse Lunge: 15/15, 20/12, 30/8
- Parallel Squat: 30/15, 40/12, 60/8
- Bulgarian Squat: 15/15, 20/12, 30/8
- Straight Leg Deadlift: 35/15, 55/12, 75/8
- Single Leg Calf Raise: 50lbs/30 seconds, 50lbs/30 seconds
- Seated Calf Raises: 70lb/30 seconds, 70lb/30 seconds
- In and Outs: 30 seconds, 30 seconds
This one had me burning around 550 calories (I have done this as well hitting 610) with my max heart rate around 167 and an average of 147. This one workouts you!
You can watch my Video Review here as well.
Would you like to have me as your FREE Fitness Coach?