How Your Heart Numbers Stack Up
We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
Healthy hearts are what we all need. There are ways to take some steps toward the prevention of heart issues. Once a year, be sure you get a checkup from a physician that will do bloodwork and a full physical. Then watch the numbers and tips that will help.
- Use a heart-healthy diet. Check the blog Healthy Heart Foods for some insight.
- Exercise 30min a day at least five times a week.
- Know your family history.
- Do not use tobacco products.
- Manage your stress by using a form of reflection or meditation for 10-15min each day.
Numbers You Should Know
Have a goal of Less than 120/80mmHg
Body Mass Index BMI
Have a BMI with a goal of 18.5-24.9 percentage of body fat.
- Have your Blood sugar/glucose tested?
- Get a readout on your Cholesterol and Triglycerides
Your physician will help you with this and it will be helpful to track your heart health yearly to prevent and detect any issues.