This month Beachbody is Introducing a new Shakeology flavor – Mocha. If you are looking to improve your nutrition, Shakeology is a must in your diet and there are flavors for everyone’s liking. Also there are many different recipes to help as well — check out my website to see them all.
My wife and I are just about to wrap up another round of Body Beast and loved it. We have not decided what program to do next but The Work looks like a great workout so that is a possibility. We have so many great programs to choose from with Beachbody on Demand.
I hope you will find some valuable information in this newsletter.
All the Best, Mike
IN THIS ISSUE:
- 8 Tips for Avoiding Holiday Overeating
- Introducing Peppermint Mocha Shakeology!
- Get the Best Deals of the Year for No Excuse November!
- Six Weeks of THE WORK – VIP Early Access
- Beachbody Activewear Essentials Fall/Winter
- Recipe: Skinny Pecan Pumpkin Pie Bars
- Recipe: German Chocolate Cake Shakeology
- Join My Team!
|8 Tips for Avoiding Holiday Overeating
Face it, for many of us, the house of good nutrition has been built on a shaky foundation. As much as we’ve learned to eat right and enjoy healthier foods, decadence looms like a California tremor, waiting to ruin everything we’ve worked so hard for.
And guess what, kids? It’s earthquake season! Thanksgiving, Christmas, Chanukah, Ramadan, the list goes on—all at once! Instead of focusing on the entire stretch, let’s discuss that one day when it all happens, when all the relatives come over and that big meal is laid out.
First thing to remember is that there are only a handful of Big Food Days throughout the year, so if you eat too much, it’s not such an issue. You need to live it up from time to time. That said, wouldn’t it be nice getting through just one special day without having to unbutton your 501s after you leave the table? Here’s how:
1. Treat the rest of your day like any other day.
Wake up, eat breakfast, snack, lunch, and snack. Don’t fast just so you can eat more at dinner. It’ll just cause you to overeat that night—and it won’t help your diet. Dumping all your food into one huge meal ruins digestion.
2. Visualize how much you’ll be eating.
It’s easier to keep control if you have a plan. Decide in advance how many of Grandma Edith’s cheese puffs you’ll eat pre-meal. See yourself eating one plateful of turkey with all the fixings—without going back for more. And for dessert, imagine a small piece of pie afterwards.
3. Indulge in different ways.
If you feel that you need to indulge, take another decadent route. Get a massage or a pedicure. Hit the record store and buy yourself a couple of CDs. Buy yourself a sexy outfit that you couldn’t wear if you still ate like you used to.
4. Buffet it.
If you’re the host, don’t put all the food on the table. Instead, set up a buffet. Numerous studies have shown that if you need to get up to get seconds or thirds, you’re less inclined to make the trip.
5. Avoid the less thrilling stuff.
Chose which “bad” things you eat. The impulse is to put a little of everything on your plate, but do you really like Aunt Louise’s creamed onions? And the bread? Come on! It’s just bread! Flour and water! Why miss eating all those once-a-year treats by eating bread?
6. Moderation is the key.
Of course, you’ll want to eat a serving of candied carrots, but a serving is all you need. Savor that instead of shoveling a mountain’s worth in your mouth.
7. Wait for dessert.
The body takes about 30 minutes to figure out it’s full, so take a breather before dessert. If you’re feeling full when you hit that special dessert, you’ll be less inclined to eat too much.
8. If you blow it, you blow it.
So, despite all this great advice, you might still make a pig of yourself. Oh, well. It happens. Don’t torture yourself or starve yourself or try to work out for six straight hours to make up for it. It won’t work. The body doesn’t work well when you try to overcompensate. It just leads to malnutrition and overtraining, and you have 364 days to make up for it with moderation.
|Ahoy Holiday Flavors Coffee Shop Flavor! Peppermint Mocha Shakeology is Here (and It’s Vegan!)
Get It While Supplies Last!
There’s something magical and festive about the combination of chocolate and peppermint. But you know what’s even more magical? Peppermint Mocha Shakeology.
Mark your calendars and set your alarms because Peppermint Mocha Plant-Based Vegan Shakeology will be available on TeamBeachbody.com starting November 1, 2019!
Peppermint Mocha Plant-Based Vegan Shakeology
Now you can enjoy the delicious flavors of velvety rich, creamy cocoa, robust coffee, and refreshing peppermint in a nutrient-dense shake. Peppermint Mocha Plant-Based Vegan Shakeology is Beachbody’s second limited-edition seasonal flavor and will be available in the U.S. and Canada in 14 single-serve packets while supplies last.
Good news, pumpkin spice lovers — Pumpkin Spice Plant-Based Vegan Shakeology is back! Available here while supplies last! Save 10% with a duo pack of Pumpkin Spice and Peppermint Mocha Shakeology before they’re gone!
Unlike coffeehouse peppermint mocha calorie bombs, Peppermint Mocha Shakeology delivers premium protein, fiber, antioxidants, vitamins and minerals — as well as phytonutrients, adaptogens, pre- and probiotics, and digestive enzymes. Plus it’s delicious!
Why Drink Shakeology?
Shakeology isn’t just a protein shake; it’s your secret weapon when the holidays roll around and you’re surrounded by tempting foods and drinks that might derail your healthy eating goals.
A daily shake with Peppermint Mocha Shakeology can help you stay on-track over the holidays and celebrate the joy of the season!
We’re continuously searching for ways to make Shakeology better in quality and benefits, which is why we made some key changes to the U.S. formula that will be rolling out over the next several months, including:
- Boosted the high-quality pea fiber ingredient to 6 grams per serving, which makes a scoop of Shakeology an excellent source of fiber.
- Added more flaxseed so that a scoop of Shakeology will have 250 milligrams of alpha-linolenic acid (ALA), an essential omega-3 fatty acid.
- Increased the amount of probiotics, and more!
(And did we mention it tastes like peppermint mocha?!)
So get your blenders and shaker cups ready and make sure you get a box (or two!) of Peppermint Mocha Plant-Based Vegan Shakeology when it launches on November 1st.
|Get the Best Deals of the Year for No Excuse November!
t’s No Excuse November! That means we are offering the best deals of the year with $20 off all Challenge Packs and Completion Packs (priced at $150 USD or more) for the entire month of November. Don’t put your goals on hold until January, take advantage of these incredible deals today! ⠀
Challenge and Completion Packs combine premium nutrition with Shakeology or our Performance Line, access to our best-selling programs including LIIFT4, 80 Day Obsession, SHIFT SHOP and 2B Mindset, plus peer support to achieve your best results.
Not sure where to start? Contact me.
|Six Weeks of THE WORK With VIP EARLY ACCESS
“Hustle or quit — there’s no in-between.”
Are you ready for relentless functional nonstop training — minute after minute of raw, uncensored, nonstop hustle? Then you need to check out 6 Weeks of THE WORK
Beachbody’s newest Super Trainer Amoila Cesar won’t take any less than 100 percent. The workouts are brutal so don’t be surprised if Amoila and the cast use explicit language while they sweat it out. If that’s not your style, there’s a clean version available.
You’ll sweat, you might scream, and you’ll definitely be put to the test. But by the end, Amoila will show you what your body is truly capable of.
What’s the program like?
Amoila based the program on six primary training elements: strength, hypertrophy, endurance, power, agility, and mobility.
Five days a week you’ll do intense 45-minute workouts that combine these elements to make you stronger, leaner, and more agile.
You’ll also get one rest day and one active repair workout that’s shorter than your other workouts to help your body recover and stay in the game.
But first, you’ve got to pass a Fit Test — seriously. There’s no modifier in this program, so Amoila needs to make sure you’re up to the task.
If you don’t pass, don’t sweat it — I can help you find and complete another Beachbody On Demand program that’s a better match for your current fitness level, and then come back to take the Fit Test again. Just message me.
Throughout the program, the workouts will increase in intensity and build on what you’ve already learned.
Compound lifts, agility drills, cardio exercises, and other training methods will keep you challenged and help you get in peak physical condition quickly.
VIP Early Access and bundles for 6 Weeks of THE WORK are on sale NOW, with $20 off challenge packs and $10 off completion packs if you already have Beachbody on Demand.
If you have EVER wondered what it would be like to train like a professional athlete, THIS is your chance! And, instead of paying thousands for personal training sessions, you will only pay the sale price of $160 for 6 weeks of hard-core training, personal coaching, group accountability, a month of dense nutrition, AND an entire YEAR of access to all of our other amazing fitness programs! Need some yoga to recover? We’ve got you. Need a different workout for your spouse? We’ve got that, too. And you will get everything ALL INCLUDED with this bundle!
Are you ready to get started? Click the link below to purchase, and message me to join my accountability group NOW!
|Beachbody Activewear Essentials Fall/Winter Collection is Here!
Extended Sizes and Free Shipping Available!
Workout warriors: It’s time to level up your workout gear with fresh looks from the new Activewear Essentials Fall/Winter Collection.
Beachbody’s latest lineup features versatile styles in different fabrics that will complement your wardrobe and your workout.
- Elevated Basics – You’ll want to wear these ultra-comfy, ultra-flattering pieces every single day, everywhere you go, and every style is perfect for mixing and matching for versatile looks. The fabric is breathable, moisture-wicking, and tough enough to survive your sweatiest workout program.
- Ultimate Support & Performance – These pieces — including a compression bra and workout leggings — are made from a highly technical fabric that provides the perfect balance of stretch and compression.
- EcoBody – This sustainable clothing line includes a hoodie and matching slim joggers that are made from recycled plastic bottles. Each garment is made with durable, high-quality, Earth-friendly fibers so you can look good while you’re doing good for the environment.
More Info and How to Get Free Shipping
- A new collection will be added every season so your workout wardrobe will always be on point.
- Each collection will be available for six months after launch or until it sells out.
- Select women’s styles are available in extended sizes (1X – 3X).
- You can get free shipping on Activewear Essentials when you purchase any shippable item on TeamBeachbody.com (e.g., Shakeology, Challenge Packs, nutritional products, equipment, or gear), as long as it is in the same order.
|Skinny Pecan Pumpkin Pie Bars
You don’t have to miss out on holiday treats when you seek out healthy alternatives!
For the pecan crust:
• 2 cups old fashioned oats
• 1 cup dates
• 2 Tbs coconut oil, melted
• 1/2 cup pecans, finely chopped
• 1/4 tsp nutmeg
• pinch salt
• 1/4 water
For the pumpkin pie filling:
• 15 oz can pumpkin puree
• 1/4 vegetable oil spread
• 1/4 cup brown sugar
• 2 eggs
• 3/4 cup almond milk
• 1 tsp vanilla extract
• 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
• 1/4 tsp cinnamon
• 1/4 tsp nutmeg
• pinch salt
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Add the old fashioned oats, dates, coconut oil, nutmeg and salt to a food processor and pulse until the mixture is crumbly. Add in the water and continue to pulse until the mixture slows down and begins to come together. Add in the chopped pecans and pulse a few more times until they are fully incorporated.
2. Spray a 10×10 baking sheet and line it with parchment paper. Add the crust mixture and pat down with your hands until the crust is evenly spread throughout the bottom of the baking sheet.
3. Add the pumpkin puree, vegetable oil spread and brown sugar to the bowl of a mixer. Beat together until light and fluffy. Mix in the eggs, almond milk, vanilla and spices. Pour the mixture on top of the crust in the baking sheet and bake in the oven for 70-80 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the middle.
4. Allow the pie to cool for 2 hours before removing from pan and cut into 16 squares. Serve with cool whip lite (optional) or refrigerate for up to a week.
Bars will keep fresh in the refrigerator for up to a week. SOURCE: itscheatdayeveryday
German Chocolate Cake Shakeology
Pecans, coconut, and of course, chocolate are the key ingredients in a traditional German chocolate cake. Take these classic flavors and added a secret, naturally sweet ingredient on top (figuratively): frozen cherries.
Make it Vegan: Use Chocolate Plant-Based Vegan Shakeology
• 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk beverage
• 1 cup ice
• 1 scoop Chocolate Shakeology
• ½ cup frozen unsweetened cherries
• 5 pecan halves
• ½ tsp. pure vanilla extract
• 1 Tbsp. unsweetened shredded coconut
Place coconut milk, ice, Shakeology, cherries, pecans, and extract in blender; cover. Blend until smooth. Pour into serving glass. Garnish with coconut.
|Join My Team!
I am looking for individuals who SERIOUSLY want to change their life physically and/or financially. Our team wants to share with you how to build an in-home business from the ground up and how to make a part-time or full-time income while doing it.
We will personally mentor and train you, show you what we are doing and how we are doing it, and give you step-by-step guidance on how to get there PLUS so much MORE. We have: weekly training calls, a training boot camp, social networking How-To’s, templates, and access to an exclusive group of other successful business owners. The training is 100% FREE once you sign up to be a Coach on our team. This is something you don’t want to miss! Oh, and did I mention Coaches get 25% off Shakeology and other Beachbody products (10% off clothes), and if you’re active duty or honorably discharged from the US Armed Forces, there’s an additional thank-you-for-your-service discount?!
If this sounds like a good fit for you, contact me and let’s hit the ground running!
** Team Beachbody® does not guarantee any level of success or income from the Team Beachbody Coach Opportunity. Each Coach’s income depends on his or her own efforts, diligence, and skill.