Sleep Tips to Use
We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
Many people are not getting enough sleep. Over 1/3 of us are on that list, and it is growing. The effects of not getting your regular shut-eye are much more than that of being tired. Your mental and physical wellbeing are in jeopardy when you lack sleep.
Tips to help with your sleep schedule:
- Believe it or not, the bedding matters. The more comfortable you are, the better the sleep. Not all bedding is the same. Look for fabrics that are softer and durable like Egyptian cotton. These sheets will last longer than your traditional cotton sheets.
- Practice unplugging from social media at night. Try going 30 minutes before bed without your phone, tablet, or computer. Allow your body to relax. Some apps help you with meditation, deep breathing, relaxation routines, and smooth ocean waves for zoning out. Try those to promote a smoother transition to sleep.
- Cooler temperatures in the house do promote your slumber. The temps help you doze off and are beneficial in helping you stay soundly asleep throughout the night. The suggestion is in the 60-degree zone, but you will need to try it to see how you respond since everyone is different.
- Power naps do work! When you are tired, do not always reach for the caffeine or quick sugar rush snack. Instead of using those, we can learn a lot from a cat. Take your little naps. A 1-hour nap is like a recharge session for your mind and body. You may want to try it.
Take the time to investigate what works for you and get a better night’s sleep.
Your body and mind will thank you!
Latest posts by mmiele (see all)
- Manage Time to Exercise - January 14, 2022
- 2022 - January 7, 2022
- Coach Mike’s January 2022 Health and Fitness Newsletter is avaiable - January 4, 2022