HIIT Leg Strength
We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
Do you have goals that include leg strength?
The secret weapon could be the use of two 30-minute HIIT (High-Intensity Interval Training) workouts in place of one 60-minute cardio exercise session each week for a total of six weeks.
High-Intensity Interval Training is a fast-paced workout, bursts of intense, full-on work with short recovery periods. These workouts get you shredded by burning calories quickly rather than spending those long hours in the gym. You complete several moves in each circuit, and a small rest follows them, and then the actions are repeated.
A HIIT Circuit:
Complete this circuit 4 times, resting for 1 minute after the calf raises in each round.
- High Knee Sprint in Place for 30 seconds
- Squat Jumps for 45 seconds
- Alternating Back Leg Lunges with 20 reps each leg
- Calf Raises with 50 reps
Complete the circuit 4 times, resting for 1 minute after the burpees in each round.
- Pushups doing as many as you can in 30 seconds
- Jumping Jacks with 50 reps
- Burpees with 20 reps
Mix up your HIIT.
Have fun creating combinations or seek out programs that would work. You can even do HIIT circuits on the treadmill or while cycling. Fill in two 30 min sessions to replace your 1-hour cardio workout once a week for six weeks to change it up and strengthen those legs!
Latest posts by mmiele (see all)
- Manage Time to Exercise - January 14, 2022
- 2022 - January 7, 2022
- Coach Mike’s January 2022 Health and Fitness Newsletter is avaiable - January 4, 2022