We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
Celery may be underrated by many.
Did you know that celery is from the Apiaceae family, which includes carrots, parsnips, parsley, and celeriac? Celery contains vitamin C, beta carotene, and flavonoids, but there are at least 12 additional kinds of antioxidant nutrients and 25 anti-inflammatory compounds found in every single stalk.
It also has vitamin A and K which boost your bones and brain. Celery supports digestion too. The list of health benefits goes on further. The bonus is celery is 11 calories per cup and can be used in many ways.
Many people use celery in stuffing, soup, veggie trays, or tuna salad.
Other ways to use celery:
- Salads and slaws- either or both!
- Celery soup- there are a ton of great recipes out there.
- Stir Fry- don’t forget this.
- Smoothies- a great boost to your hydration!
- Stock- use it when making vegetable or meat stock.
- Pickled- great to have on hand.
- Braised- Alton Brown from Food Network has a great recipe.
- Juice it- Drink right away for the best results.
- Celery and peanut butter (a favorite snack to many)
Get creative with celery in the kitchen.
You can even plan to plant some the next time you set up your vegetable gardens.
Latest posts by mmiele (see all)
- Manage Time to Exercise - January 14, 2022
- 2022 - January 7, 2022
- Coach Mike’s January 2022 Health and Fitness Newsletter is avaiable - January 4, 2022