Cinnamon Raisin Granola
Store-bought granola can be high in fat and calories, and sweetened with unhealthy sugars. This easy homemade granola is loaded with wholesome ingredients and sweetened with apple juice and maple syrup.
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 3 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 2 cups rolled wheat flakes (or barley flakes)
- ¼ cup unsweetened frozen apple juice concentrate, thawed
- 2 Tbsp. pure maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp. ground cinnamon
- ½ cup raisins
- 1 cup slivered raw almonds (or chopped walnuts or chopped pecans)
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Lightly coat baking sheet with spray. Set aside.
Combine oats and wheat flakes in a large bowl; mix well.
Add juice concentrate and maple syrup; toss gently to blend, taking care not to crush flakes.
Spread mixture over baking sheet.
Sprinkle with cinnamon.
Bake for 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 300°F. and cook for an additional 15 to 30 minutes, or until dry but not dark
Remove from oven and let cool completely.
Add raisins and almonds; mix well.
Nutritional Information (per serving):
Total Fat: 5 g
Saturated Fat: 1 g
Cholesterol: 0 mg
Sodium: 47 mg
Carbohydrates: 30 g
Fiber: 4 g
Sugars: 10 g
Protein: 5 g
We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
Latest posts by mmiele (see all)
- Manage Time to Exercise - January 14, 2022
- 2022 - January 7, 2022
- Coach Mike’s January 2022 Health and Fitness Newsletter is avaiable - January 4, 2022