Egg White Breakfast Burrito
This burrito is loaded with egg whites, red onion, and bell peppers to create a delicious, high-protein breakfast.
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1 Tbsp. finely chopped yellow bell pepper
- 1 Tbsp. finely chopped green bell pepper
- 1 Tbsp. finely chopped red onion
- 3 large egg whites (1/3 cup)
- 1 (8-inch) whole wheat flour tortilla, warm
- 1 slice low-sodium turkey bacon, cooked, chopped
- Ground black pepper (to taste; optional)
- 2 Tbsp. fresh tomato salsa
Heat oil in medium nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
Add bell peppers and onion; cook, stirring frequently, for 3 to 4 minutes or until soft.
Add eggs; cook, over medium heat, stirring frequently, for 2 to 3 minutes, or until eggs are set.
Top tortilla with egg mixture, turkey bacon, and pepper (if desired).
Roll tortilla burrito-style.
Serve with salsa.
Nutritional Information (per serving):
Total Fat: 19 g
Saturated Fat: 3 g
Cholesterol: 10 mg
Sodium: 883 mg
Carbohydrates: 27 g
Fiber: 2 g
Sugars: 4 g
Protein: 16 g
We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
Latest posts by mmiele (see all)
- Manage Time to Exercise - January 14, 2022
- 2022 - January 7, 2022
- Coach Mike’s January 2022 Health and Fitness Newsletter is avaiable - January 4, 2022