Grilled Chicken with Honeyed Apples
This grilled chicken dish topped with honey and sautéed apples is great for a healthy sweet-and-savory chicken recipe.
- ¼ cup white wine (or low-sodium chicken broth)
- 1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp. raw honey
- 1 dash sea salt
- 4 tsp. olive oil, divided use
- 4 (4-oz.) raw chicken breasts, boneless, skinless
- 4 medium Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored, thinly sliced
- ½ medium onion, thinly sliced
Preheat grill or broiler.
Combine wine, mustard, honey, and salt in a small bowl; whisk to blend. Set aside.
Brush chicken breasts evenly with 1 tsp. olive oil.
Grill or broil chicken for 5 minutes on each side or until chicken is no longer pink in the middle and juices run clear. Set aside.
While chicken is cooking, heat remaining 3 tsp. oil in medium nonstick skillet over medium heat.
Add apples, onion, and wine mixture; cook, stirring frequently, for 8 to 10 minutes, or until apples are tender and liquid thickens slightly to sauce consistency.
Serve apples over chicken.
We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
Latest posts by mmiele (see all)
- Manage Time to Exercise - January 14, 2022
- 2022 - January 7, 2022
- Coach Mike’s January 2022 Health and Fitness Newsletter is avaiable - January 4, 2022