Pumpkin Pudding (egg-free, dairy-free)
This pumpkin dessert is luscious and creamy and perfect for a fall, seasonal treat.
- 1 can full-fat coconut milk
- 3 teaspoons gelatin
- 1 1/4 cup pure pumpkin puree*
- 1/3 cup honey or maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
Pour half of the coconut milk in small bowl and sprinkle the gelatin over top. Allow it to bloom (or soak up the liquid) for 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, whisk together the remaining coconut milk, pumpkin puree, honey, and pumpkin pie spice in a saucepan over medium-high heat for 5 minutes.
Pour in the gelatin and whisk until completely dissolved. Do not let it boil.
Pour mixture into a large heatproof bowl, and press a piece of plastic wrap directly on top of the liquid. This will prevent a gelatin ‘skin’ from forming on top.
Place it in the refrigerator for 6 hours or until set. The pudding will be almost solid when chilled.
Remove the plastic wrap and use hand beaters or a stand mixer to beat for 3 to 5 minutes on high, until smooth and creamy.
Serve with gingersnap cookies or you can use it as a pie filling!
* I used the Trader Joe’s Organic can, but you can try homemade as well
We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
Latest posts by mmiele (see all)
- Manage Time to Exercise - January 14, 2022
- 2022 - January 7, 2022
- Coach Mike’s January 2022 Health and Fitness Newsletter is avaiable - January 4, 2022