Southwest Chicken and Black Bean Salad
- 3 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- ½ tsp. lemon pepper
- 1 Tbsp. + 1 tsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cups black beans
- 3 cups sliced orange bell peppers
- 3 cups sliced red bell peppers
- 1 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 2 cups chopped tomatoes
- 3 cups sliced grilled chicken breast
- ½ cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup chopped fresh cilantro
To make dressing, combine vinegar, lemon juice, and lemon pepper in a medium bowl; whisk to blend.
Slowly add oil while whisking; mix well. Evenly divide dressing between 4 one-quart Mason jars. Set aside.
Evenly layer beans, bell peppers, onion, tomatoes, chicken, cheese, and cilantro on top of dressing in jars.
Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate for up to 3 days. Shake before serving.
Calories: 435 Total Fat: 14g Carbohydrates: 33g Protein: 43g
We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
Latest posts by mmiele (see all)
- Manage Time to Exercise - January 14, 2022
- 2022 - January 7, 2022
- Coach Mike’s January 2022 Health and Fitness Newsletter is avaiable - January 4, 2022